Sunday, November 23, 2008

Birthday

It's early check in on M's birthday day. We were awoken out of a deep sleep by mom barging downstairs carrying M's presents. She handed us a cake and said she was leaving to go spend the day at the hospital with grandma. so she isn't going to spend time with her grand daughter on her birthday. Ok fine. While she was down here I was trying to put all the presents out of reach and of course, M was freaking out about wanting to open the gifts NOW. M started crying suddenly saying that "grandma hurt me" I don't know what happened but M was upset and mom left. She left a cake that is one of those fancy adult cakes. Better than nothing but not what I had in mind.

Yesterday I asked her to take me to the store so I could get M a cake. I saved a little bit of money to get her a fun character cake and I couldn't wait to go pick one out. I had skimped out on actual presents to get a cake. I got her three presents and the cake was going to be the fourth one. I asked mom to take me to the store so I could get M something special for dinner for her birthday and a cake. She said no, and then said she would get whatever I needed. I told her a cake and something nice for dinner.

She came back that evening with a box of instant macaroni and cheese, cheez-its, applesauce, microwave popcorn, and bottled water. What do I do with that? These are not anything I would have chosen. I know I am lucky to get anything, but how hard is it to take a few minutes to take us to the store? Why can't she take us to the store ever? We haven't gone to the store in a month.

Anyway, M is done watching her show so now off to find something I can use as a birthday candle. Nope, she didn't get candles either..

1:14 pm T is vacuuming, M is in her party dress. We are waiting for my friend, L to arrive. She is going to stop by Target and pick us up some birthday candles. She called earlier and apparently when my dad answered the phone he didn't really want to let her talk to me before he came and told us there was a phone call. He never hung up the other phone either so I could hear the tv upstairs through my whole conversation. After we talked briefly, I had to go upstairs to hang up the phone. It's like you can't take 5 seconds from your busy day of sitting on your rear to hang up the phone? I am again at the boiling point today. They can be so freakin' selfish. My dad didn't even say "Happy Birthday" to M. T is using the broken vacuum cleaner they gave us. The roller bar is being turned by a rubber band. Just a regular old rubber band. There are two brand new vacuum cleaners upstairs but they won't let us use one because they don't want me to "break it" I get angry at them and then I take it out on my family, it's really not fair. At times I feel it's all T's fault that I am in the mess in the first place. I know it's not something he could have helped but he should try harder to fix this. or something. yes, Happy Birthday!

I lost my train of thought on this so all I can add is that my father NEVER did say "Happy Birthday" to M. My mother spelled M's name wrong on the top of the cake. Also, it was only a one layer cake. I believe you have ask special for a birthday cake like that to be only one layer? She also brought us some fat free frozen yogurt. I asked her why she spelled the name on the cake wrong, she said it must have been the bakery. Then I said it was also written on the birthday card from her. She made her mouth into a tight line and went back upstairs.

No comments: