Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nutty never rests

Mom came back from the hospital later this evening. Grandma is staying over night again, her blood pressure is really high and they think she had a seizure. Mom spent the whole day with her in the hospital. Finally she came back and M was very excited to see her so I let her go upstairs under my supervision for a quick visit. Why do I keep doing this?

M wanted to help mom change the sheets on Grandma's bed and I thought that would be ok. Upon noticing M was wearing her Jasmine sleeveless nightgown, mom commented "Why don't you have any clothes on?" "She didn't want to wear clothes today" I replied. She turns her back on me and starts to make the bed "Which one of you is the adult?" she asks. Ugh. My mother makes my grandmother's bed every day in a very particular order. There are decorative pillows that must be removed, decorative pillowcases that must be taken off the pillows themselves and exchanged for plainer "sleeping use" pillow cases. Then the quilt must be arranged just so and the sheets and blankets tucked in perfectly with no creases. M was trying to do her best to help but I could tell it wasn't really setting well with my mother. We had some idle chit chat about grandma in the hospital since thats all she wanted to talk about and it was pretend safe conversation ground though I always manage to slip up and say the wrong thing. Luckily we reached the non aggresive topic of urinary tract infections. It did lead to the information that she didn't really want M upstairs because she didn't want to chance grandma getting M's ringworm. Of course she made sure we put in our allotted hours of play outside. I pointed out M's injury from falling in the garden and a stick poked her eyelid. Looking for the sympathy vote here and it backfired. Then I got the health insurance lecture. Instead of cuddling the baby as a good grandma should she told her it looked like nothing. and with that, good night folks! can't wait till tomorrow in which we will discuss why I had no record covers when I was younger.

No comments: