Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving? Thanks for what?

The long story is we woke up early and went to see my sister who came to visit and M couldn't wait to see her. Went upstairs and had breakfast my sister made. I was beginning to think this wouldn't turn out so bad. My mom suddenly took M outside without asking me and with no winter coat on only a sleeveless dress and house slippers. It was 49 degrees outside today.

After breakfast, mom rushed my sister and M2 off to the hospital to see grandma ignoring M's cries to go with them. She was very upset and inconsolable for awhile as my sister is one of her favorite people here. My parents kept commenting on how much M eats and how noisy she is all during breakfast.

It sickens and saddens me how much my child wants attention from the people around her and they simply keep talking and don't acknowledge her like she isn't there. She kept saying "Come on everybody say "yo"!" and "Everybody clap your hands" but no one but me did. The look in her eyes breaks my heart. She wants so much to interact with people and have fun, she is such a people person, but they want her to be quiet and speak on request. My mom uses her like a show and tell object. In her play groups in New Zealand she was always popular and had so many friends. oh turn on the water works again. Can the damn drama llama stop coming to my house?

Later I put M down for a nap and started goofing around on the internet because I didn't have anywhere to go and we have to be quiet. I was surfing and ended up reading something about Japanese atrocities in WW2 and that it was never taught as history in school. I asked T about it and for some reason he flipped out at me. He went on this huge diatribe about how history is wrong and it ended up being about my mom. I kept asking him to stop, but he didn't. I don't know how long it would have lasted but our good friend S called and cheered us up quite a bit.

After that, my sister offered to take me and M for a little drive around town since M was down she didn't get to go anywhere. We stopped by the drug store and my sister bought me some needed personal hygiene supplies (ie conditioner etc...) Came back home and had Thanksgiving dinner. My mom announced that it was nice to have my sister and M2 there which made Thanksgiving very special. She said it wasn't the same as having us there as we were forced to be there so we didn't count.

Dinner was ok, some good stuff some bad. They are trying to get M to call my brother's gf "Aunt" again which really really angers me. M ate a ton once again causing my father to complain about how much she eats. I know I need to get our diet sorted out somehow but we have no choice presently as I can't even get her to the store to get her some food. All we eat is boxed, processed foods and delivery. Of course we are unhealthy, unhappy and generally ill kempt from lack of supplies. I am a make up freak and I had to give that up. Now I just look like a freak.

Later M was trying to get my parents to watch a video tape with her (you guessed it, they use VHS tapes still) and M got her finger hurt in the VCR. The minute I leave her alone with my mom she always gets hurt. I was alone in the kitchen for a second gathering up some of M's toys she brought upstairs with her when my mom came in and said "Your daughter is VERY badly behaved" and walked out. So I forced M to go downstairs. 20 minutes later my mom asked her to come back up to watch "Ratatouille" a movie that M doesn't really like. Of course she didn't sit still and she was noisy because she was bored. She is a 3 year old. They told her she should go to bed. Commenting on how much she eats again was my cue to exit once more.

Tomorrow should be really great when my brother and his gf come for dinner. Shoot me now!

No comments: