Monday, November 24, 2008

Sleep is a 5 Letter Word

We almost had a good morning to sleep but M woke up early. She must be getting used to waking up early now which I am guessing is part of Mom's ultimate plan. Since we were pre awaken when mom did the "knock knock door" ha we were already up. She looked disappointed to find us awake and then said today I could do laundry if I wanted to. She said they were leaving to go to the hospital as usual.

We spent a quiet day, we were feeling tired and worn out after yesterday's birthday debacle. I know my birthday obsession stems from my youth when I always wanted to have a big party with all my friends but I never was able to have one. It was either a family party or I would be allowed to have one or two friends come only. My birthday one year I was told I could invite one friend. The following year, my sister got to have a Kermit the Frog theme birthday with party hats, plates, a big cake and lots and lots of friends. I don't want M to ever feel neglected and sad like that and last year she had a birthday that is still talked about in New Zealand. This year, she had the kind of birthday my mom is best at. She told M that her "real" birthday party would be on Thursday when my sister and brother would be here for Thanksgiving. She has also replaced M's picture on the refrigerator with a huge photo of my brother and his girlfriend.

Mom came back and started banging on the door during M's nap. Woke her up. She said she needed to talk to me so I had to go upstairs and listen to the list of things I had done wrong during the day. I didn't fold all my laundry and I dried a zip up sweater with the zipper unzipped. This would lead to the dryer being scratched up and ruined. She wanted to know why M was still sleeping, why did I ask stupid questions about grandma in the hospital? and the trash goes out tonight. Did we go outside today? What have we been doing? Makes my head hurt. I made the instant mac n cheese for dinner tonight with a side order of Cheez-its.

No comments: