Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Welcome to Balloon Land

In my attempts to work out my relationship with my mother I thought I would write it all down. Perhaps, I thought, it will make more sense in black and white? probably not but here goes nothing. I call this blog "Balloon Land" for two reasons; balloon land is sort of a slang term for crazy and I always wanted to escape my life growing up so I spent alot of time in fantasy land rather than reality. Our parents really shape who we are and I wonder who I would be now if my life had been different growing up.

Once I was lamenting my lack of a normal family and one of my wiser friends said to me "You have your own family now, create the family you always wanted" so I try every day to be the opposite of my mom and how she made me feel as a child. Sometimes I get scared when I find myself falling into the same traps and patterns she laid for me. This may be a cautionary tale in which I find my own salvation. Bear with me, it's a crazy journey.

No comments: