Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When will I get some sleep??

My mom's new project is making sure we don't get to sleep in the morning. This she is tackling with the upmost efficiency. Around 7 am ish she started vacuuming right over our heads and generally making a racket that sounded alot like someone building a house. She must have been smashing the vacuum cleaner into walls, slamming doors and stomping her feet as hard as possible. It was impossible to sleep. I don't need to sleep till say 10 am, but come on..give us an hour or so. I spend alot of time online lately trying to find work and at times I stay up late so being abruptly woken up all the time is really putting my day off. I have to ask mom to take us to the store or I need to order groceries online, I don't know which to do. If I ask mom it will be a whole huge thing because she doesn't think we need food.

Now several hours later she asks me to come upstairs in the infamous "Can I talk to you?" question T and I both dread. She starts out with "Several times I have asked you to match your hours to ours. It's not fair that grandma has to listen to you. I sat in her room last night I can hear you talking. She is coming home from the hospital today and you have to do something about this." Here I would point out Grandma goes to bed at 7 pm so she is asking my whole family to go to bed at 7.

She did have one of her more lucid moments today and showed me a beautiful doll she bought M for her birthday. I was very surprised at her choice of dolls. Normally I am not a big fan of very caucasion looking baby dolls but she found one that is actually Asian looking but not overly so. It looks alot like M when she was a baby baby. so today is a big surprise in that respect. She did gripe about the price and warned me that we all needed to go outside for a period of time.

No comments: