Tuesday, December 16, 2008

C U Next Tuesday, Mom

Yeah, that's right. I would tell you to your face if my daughter wasn't here. Once again you crossed the line. Showed your true colors. Don't think I will forget this.

Last night she regaled me with tales of trying to take care of me when I was a baby. Pointedly telling me that she paid my grandparents rent when she lived with them. Around 9 pm or so M began to cough and her cough got steadily worse as time went on. She got so bad I stayed up all night listening to her labored breathing. She got up several times during the night crying, sobbing and feeling awful. One time I fell asleep for a few minutes and woke up to find her lying face down on the floor. We don't have any cough medicine so all I had to give her was some allergy medicine. After a tiring night of little to no sleep for both of us. I waited until 8 am and went upstairs and asked my mom to take me to the drugstore so I could get M some children's cough medicine, tissues and some ice cream for her sore throat.

She said "no"

She has a construction man here to enlarge grandma's doorway to her bathroom. He is busy upstairs banging around, they are both going up and down our stairs to get to the utility room. M has no chance to relax and sleep. Mom says M must be ill because she caught what T had last week (food poisoning?) and told me to simply give M a vitamin and make sure to spray the carpet with Lysol and I should not bring M upstairs so no one else will get sick.

She brought down a bottle of diet soda and a pack of tissues and told me that would help make M better. My sister spent the night at her friends house and is planning to spend the day with her so I can't ask her to go. My mom keeps everyone second to my grandmother. Doesn't matter if the baby sick, gotta make sure my grandmother who can't even hold her head up anymore and is in a nursing home can get into her bathroom easier. She is obviously ignoring the fact that my grandmother will probably never be released from round the clock care.

M has perked up a little since I gave her some of the allergy medicine I think it's helping to clear her nose and let her breathe. I am surprised at how fast this cold hit her. There is no way she will be able to get a nap in. All you can hear is pounding and the sound of a drill. I want to say bad words to my mom. Can I?

My sister saved the day! She came back early from her day out with her friend and when she heard M needed medicine she immediately turned back around and went to the store. She came back with armloads of food for sick little people and medicine too!

No comments: