Friday, December 5, 2008

I am a Bear, Time for Hibernation

I tried to get in the photography mood and satisfy my outdoor requirements today at the same time. M zoomed around on a plastic horse ride on toy circa 1970 courtesy of my mother. Mom came down early in the morning and barked some orders at me consisting of moving boxes and installing glass in some window but since I don't remember exactly what she said I didn't do it. I have been raiding food from upstairs at night when I can and I am deathly afraid of what they are going to do when they find out. My parents left today on some mysterious errand. Probably has to do with my brother's birthday next week. I am sure he will get some insanely awesome gift. My father won an Ipod recently in a contest, the really nice cool one and gave it to my brother. I will admit, my relationship with my brother is a bit strained lately which makes me sad as I have always cared about him so much.

For lack of anything better to do, T and I argued about our fake plan to move to Hawaii. Fake, as in we certainly can't do such a thing but we talk about it like we are. He is so negative lately. When he lost the business it's like he lost the ability to think of any kind of future with a positive energy. The past few days we have been insanely bored. It's very cold out so we don't want to spend too much time outside but at the same time there is absolutely nothing to do in our two rooms except sit and stare at each other or pace. M has been having problems sleeping recently and we are sleeping too much overall.

Don't have much to say today because I didn't DO anything. I hate having NOTHING to do. I know you are saying "Well you could clean" and you would be right, but I would rather take a nap because I am a bear and I am going to Hibernate.

There are many people out there in much worse situations than us, I need to remember that and be grateful for what I do have.

I sighed heavily today trying to figure out what to do and M asked me "Mommy, did you lose your rainbow?" No, baby, with you around I will never lose my rainbow.

Edit* I went upstairs later to try and snag a granola bar for M but my parents were back home. I was caught as M followed me and parked herself in the kitchen prattling away. My father was being his usual self and puttering around dropping pretzels on the floor and swearing loudly "G'D#$n it" and other colorful expletives in front of M. My mom asked if she rode the old toy horse around today and started saying how stupid the "Little Tikes® Giddy Up N' Go Pony" is that M has been begging for. She went on and on about what kind of parent would waste money on such an item and it doesn't do anything for children's imagination blah blah blah. So why would an old beat up horse from 1970 foster the imagination as much as a toy that actually LOOKS like a real horse? M never begs for toys, she is really great like that but once in awhile something appeals to her and she has as much right as any other kid to want a toy once in awhile. Of course, she can't have one but does that mean she can't SAY she wants one. Sheesh. My mom has to make a comment about everything. It is so hateful. Also she complained that I took all her spoons. Apparently she counts all her silver because she knows the exact numbers of all her silverware. I had two of her spoons! oh the horror! I told her I borrowed them when my friends came and forgot to bring them back so she had to comment "In all that junk you shipped from New Zealand you didn't bring any spoons? Something useful?" I asked her "What did I bring from New Zealand that is not useful?" and she replied "Well I don't know exactly" exasperated, I said "So why did you say that?" She didn't answer me. I also found Milk in the fridge that my sister had bought us but my mom decided not to tell me about or give me even though we haven't had any for days.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Which one would stimulate your imagination more?


Or..it was confirmed it was from 1970 and ours isn't in as good condition either. The one mom gave her kind of looks like it was dragged behind a bus.

No comments: