Wednesday, December 17, 2008

why do I even ask?

Made the mistake of feeling too cocky that my sister was here so it would be okay to go upstairs but wrong! Was reading the police blotter which is insanely funny, need to post some excerpts like reported stolen bag of chips, wwhen my mom walked in and I asked her if she had read the police blotter yet. She surveyed me for a moment with a look of disgust and snapped "I haven't read ANY of the paper yet" ...so that means no?
T said I should not talk to her at all. I need to heed that advice.

She then proceeded to yell at me about giving out "her" address to my flickr friends for Christmas cards. I received two cards in the mail and she questioned where I knew the people from like it's any of her business and that's when I was told I should not give out our address. WTF? Simmering in insane soup all day is basting my brain. What does she want me to do? Have no friends, no job, no life.

Again the carpenter is here today banging around sawing stuff in my grandmother's room. T and I were wondering how much that cost. Then my sister told me my parents are paying for the carpeting in my brother's house. That goes well with the snow blower he is getting, meanwhile we can't even get a ride to the drugstore to get cough syrup. When we first were trying to do the immigration paperwork and we needed a financial sponsor they cried "poor" and refused to do it. They also said they couldn't do anything to help us financially as they are really hurting and they have no idea what they are going to do themselves. Yup, they seem to be hurting. New cars, snow blowers, custom carpentry......M is still coughing like mad today but she is eating which is a good sign and she doesn't seem to have much of a fever. Hopefully this will go pretty fast. It's too bad she is sick while my sister is here. That puts a damper on the activities.

I went upstairs after being called and found a magazine opened to an article called The Dangers of Inter-racial dating. T isn't having enough English comprehension at this moment to realize how insulting that is. My sister gave me a huge lecture about how my mom and I should be nicer to each other. She said it is disturbing the holiday cheer. I told her I don't have to be nicer to a person who is definitely not nice to me. She trotted out the old chestnut "You do live here for free" it's not free, the emotional toll taken on me is enormous. I have to remind myself that M is warm and sheltered so that should stop me from complaining. I told T that he has to get us out of here any way possible. My mom has begun actively showing her dislike of me and it's starting to freak me out quite a bit. She left for the bank to get the money for the carpenter. I am sure that my grandmother in the nursing home will welcome the change in her bathroom doorway at the cost of $3,000 dollars. Even a small fraction of that would have bought us an old car and I could have accepted that job at the hospital.........

No comments: