Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ice Storm

At least 800,000 customers in New England are still without electricity on Sunday after an ice storm ravaged the region, officials say.
An ice storm felled many trees in Boston and elsewhere across Massachusetts.
President Bush has authorized federal aid by declaring a state of emergency in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
Joseph Shoplack stayed at a Red Cross shelter Saturday night in Southwick. He lasted only one day in his home without power or heat. "They came [Saturday] and asked me how am I and I said, 'It's awful, it's very, very cold and I'm not well,'" he told WWLP Channel 22.
State officials have asked FEMA for cots for 70 shelters, where 1,800 people slept in shelters Saturday night, said Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency spokesman Peter Judge. It may take two days to restore power to all the affected homes.
He said 750 National Guard troops have been sent to help.
Although much of the ice melted Saturday, it froze again Saturday night.
Entire towns, such as Westford, in northeastern Massachusetts, have no power.
Red Cross volunteer John Noble said he wants crews to check on pipes in people's homes to prevent them from bursting. He said he's worried about his own house.
Milder weather was forecast for Sunday.


Nothing like a freak ice storm to liven things up for Christmas. Our power was on and off again for two days. We had some flooding so we couldn't sleep in the bedroom Friday night. I had a bad asthma attack at 4 am which put me out of commission for awhile. Then I spent Saturday trying to clean up and keeping the dehumidifiers going. Luckily though we aren't one of the many people who have no electricity still today.

We had a very nice surprise, my sister came to stay for an entire week to spend time with M. She has to work through the holidays but she wanted to make sure to spend time with M for Christmas. M is so happy about it. Now we will be able to get out and about for a few days.

I couldn't sleep last night so I watched a Japanese movie called "Mizuchi" The storyline was about a cursed spring that ruptured during an earthquake and the water mixed with the tap water in Tokyo causing people to have delusions. That was a bad choice of movie viewing. It was soooo boring. The only reason I continued to watch it is some the filming locations were around where I used to live so it was cool to see my area. Reminded me of our family in Japan. Sometimes I miss T's mom. She could be enormously annoying but overall I liked her very much. She used to take me to museums and parks. It was nice. I think M would have enjoyed having her around.

We had breakfast upstairs this morning since my sister is here. We are allowed to be upstairs when my sister is visiting. When I say "breakfast" it mostly means I get to have coffee and M gets to eat and my mom gets to make little comments "It's nice to see M having a balanced meal" "No, M never wears socks or warm clothing" "If you had a job you could buy your own coffee"

Always a pleasure in Cafe' Onibaba.

In the evening M went upstairs to find my sister but she wasn't around so M ended up bothering my mother instead. My mom got mad at her for being noisy and dragged her kicking and screaming back downstairs and ruined my night. T and I are fighting again. I have been so disappointed in him lately and everything that makes me angry is coming out in the open. We don't sleep together anymore, we hardly speak and he rarely answers me. We got into a fight over dinner. A completely useless argument over nonsense. I had tried to get him to talk to me about our future but he didn't want to talk. It's 8 pm and he went to lie down on the day bed. I can't understand what is going on with him. What's going on with us? We have been through so much together but can we survive my mother?

I am having a case of the Christmas Blues, don't mind me.

No comments: