Monday, December 15, 2008

No Idea

what I was on about last night. That's what you get when you have too much Asthma medicine in your system. My asthma medication at times can zonk me out completely and even though I set my alarm today it happened. I slept through my alarm and all the way into mid day. My sister took M to go get a Christmas tree while I was asleep so she is gone now. Too bad, I would have liked to get pictures of that but I am sure she is having lots of fun.

Very nice package came to us out of the blue from T's parents! His mother sent M a wonderful gift and I can't wait to show her when she gets home. His mom sent a lovely blanket with "Totoro" on it and a stunning Noritake china rice bowl with Totoro on it. The bowl is a treasure! There is one difference between my mom and T's mom. My mom won't even let M pick out her own library books and constantly tries to make her like what my mom wants her to like while T's mom knows what M truly does like and gifts accordingly. She really is a kind person, when we lived with them she used to make me a big nice lunch every day and when she couldn't she gave me $30 to buy myself something at the store. Of course, she has her moments when she drove me absolutely nuts but not to the extent my mom does and it was never malicious like my mom is, just intrusive. She told me I made a mistake marrying her son but she was glad I was her daughter in law. Never knew what to say to that one.

Also in the package from T's parents was some of the paperwork we needed to process his immigration so if we get the paperwork from the finanacial sponsor we can proceed. That's good news. I have a sense of impending doom about the whole thing so hopefully it'S just my natural pessimism coming into play.

If you have never seen "Tonari no Totoro" or "My Neighbor Totoro" I can't recommend it highly enough. I think it's one of the most magical children's movies ever made. M could watch it on a loop all day long if I let her. Someday I hope to take her to the Totoro park in Japan. As well as Hello Kitty land. she would go nuts!

No comments: