Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Fondue was a Fondon't

Skipping some daily entries probably in the upcoming week. I am coming down with M's cold. I can feel it in my lungs and it hurts. M is still sick. The mouse escaped. My sister gave us fondue and it was heavy, wierd, and not very good. We had a mini Christmas last night because my sister had to leave to go home today so she wanted to see everyone open the gifts from her before she left. She really outdid herself with M's presents. She got very needed new pajamas, a ballerina dress, a very awesome snow suit, and some cool toys. She gave me a gift card for clothing and T and I both got matching winter scarves and some wine! She even got M and me an ornament each from the store where M broke her first glass Christmas ornament and the store owners were kind enough not to ask us to pay for it. I bet my sister felt guilty and bought something there anyway and now I will never forget that incident. The best gift was one she and M2 picked out specifically as a keepsake for M. They went to a famous pewter company "The Danforth Pewter Company" and got M her very own charm bracelet with several charms representing parts of M's life, like a turtle from hawaii, a rabbit (M is crazy for rabbits), They are planning to add to the charm bracelet every year for her. I thought that was so sweet.

She talked to me once again about how my mom and me could be nicer to each other. The topic came up because we received alot of snow over night and she told me we had to help them shovel. I woke up early to help shovel and by the time I went upstairs at 9 am they had already finished so she was mad. How was I to know they would get up at 7 am to shovel on a weekend? My dad was a cursing maniac again, burning the ears off of all of us so my sister was trying to tell me that I should be more sympathic to what my mom goes through. I don't feel that way so I didn't really listen to her. Also something disturbing happened today, my mom knew about something I only talked with a friend of mine on the phone with. I hadn't told her at all. That means either my sister told her OR she really does listen in on my phone conversations more than I thought she did. She told me today a friend of mine called me a few days ago and she told her I wasn't home. Every person who calls makes my mom interrogates me about where do I know those people from who are they what do they want. Like it's her business.

Next couple of days I think I will concentrate on resting and trying to get me and M back into fighting shape.

No comments: